NOW HIRING FOR 2022-2023
As of Tuesday, November 15, AAIA is currently interviewing in-person and virtually for the following confirmed positions:
- English as an Additional Language
- English Language Arts
- Business / Economics
- Social Studies
- Math / Science
Given circumstances surrounding the pandemic, AAIA is currently interviewing certified applicants currently residing in Taiwan.
Additionally, AAIA will be interviewing at the 2nd Annual Tai-Fair. Be sure to send your application materials in advance and register for the fair as soon as possible.
The Ingredients of an AAIA Teacher
AAIA actively seeks certified educators to join our young and vibrant learning community. We offer a competitive salary with a calendar that follows both Taiwan and American holidays. AAIA’s faculty is comprised of teachers who actively role-model our Expected Schoolwide Learning Outcomes. To clarify AAIA desires teachers who:
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Continually implement solution-based thinking
- Implement effective habits and routines
- Focused on long-term goals
- Respect students as individuals and partners within the learning environment.
- Openly communicate with parents and connect with community stakeholders.
- Collaborate vertically and horizontally with colleagues across all subject areas.
- Possess valid certification and credentials within their respective field
- Continually evaluate their pedagogy and curriculum
- Seek out professional development
- Contribute to educational networks and communities
- Embrace new ideas and perspectives
- Role model sensitivity and respect for other cultures
- Celebrate diversity
- Possess formal teaching experience both in their home countries and preferably in international schools in Asia
- Lead co-curricular clubs, sports, and initiatives
- Placing student achievement and the vision/mission of the school above all
- Choose to be kind as opposed to being right
Open Submission / Application Process
As AAIA continues to expand, new and exciting positions may open throughout the year. Therefore, we openly invite interested educators from grades 6 through 12 across all subject areas to submit their resume, cover letter, and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
AAIA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our students. It is our expectation that all current and future staff share in this commitment. In line with the school’s child protection policy and guidelines, our rigorous and thorough recruitment practices ensure all potential members of staff complete comprehensive criminal background checks. All appointments will be interviewed and reference checks will be performed.