The Ingredients of an AAIA Teacher
Founded in 2016, AAIA actively seeks certified educators to join our young and vibrant learning community. We offer a highly competitive salary with benefits with a calendar that follows both Taiwan and American holidays.
AAIA’s faculty is comprised of teachers who actively role-model our Expected Schoolwide Learning Outcomes. To clarify AAIA desires teachers who:
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Continually implement solution-based thinking
- Showcase “grit”
- Implement effective habits and routines
- Focused on long-term goals
- Respect students as individuals and partners within the learning environment
- Openly communicate with parents and connect with community stakeholders
- Collaborate vertically and horizontally with colleagues across all subject areas
- Possess valid certification and credentials within their respective field
- Continually evaluate their pedagogy and curriculum
- Seek out professional development
- Contribute to educational networks and communities
- Embrace new ideas and perspectives
- Role model sensitivity and respect for other cultures
- Celebrate diversity
- Possess formal teaching experience both in their home countries and preferably in international schools in Asia
- Placing student achievement and the vision/mission of the school above all
- Choose to be kind as opposed to be right
Open Submission / Application Process
As AAIA continues to expand, new and exciting positions may open throughout the year. Therefore, we openly invite interested educators from grades 6 through 12 across all subject areas to submit their resume, cover letter, and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time Faculty Openings for 2020-2021
- Secondary Mathematics & Science (General Math (6th), PreAlgebra (7th), + TBD HS Math/Science)
- MS & HS Art
If interested, please email your resume to: email@example.com
AAIA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our students. It is our expectation that all current and future staff share in this commitment. In line with the school's Student Protection Policy and Guidelines, our rigorous and thorough recruitment practices ensure all potential members of staff complete comprehensive criminal background checks. All appointments will be interviewed and reference checks will be performed.
AAIA has created its Child Protection Policy that focuses on, but not limited to, the following:
－Educate teachers, staff, and students about the issue of personal safety and child protection
－Provide teachers and staff with training on how to spot potential child protection issues and educate them on the procedures for reporting any suspicions.
－AAIA strictly adheres to all local laws and regulations regarding child welfare.
－Please refer to the Child Protection tab on the school website for further details concerning the school’s dedication to providing a safe learning environment for all.